Energetic Qualities of The Food You Eat
Here’s a list of the qualities of The food you eat…
TYPES OF VEGETARIAN FOODS AND THEIR BENEFITS
Grow more than three feet above the ground.
Quick, lightening effect on the body and nervous system.
Examples: fruits, nuts, avocados, dates, coconuts.
Grow within three above the ground.
High in nutrients, a great cleanser.
Examples: beans, rice, grains, green vegetables.
Grow below the ground.
Healing properties, great energy from the earth.
Examples: potatoes, turnips, beets, garlic, ginger, onions.
Matter, including our bodies and our food, falls into three categories or qualities:*
Sattvic: Clarity and lightness.
- Graceful, peaceful, disciplined, intuitive, sensitive.
- Most fruit and vegetables, sun foods, and ground foods.
Rajasic: Forcefulness and will-power.
- Active, positive, demanding.
- Stimulating herbs and spices, many earth foods.
Tamasic: Functioning from need and instinct.
- Impulsive, dull, angry, confused.
- Meat, fish, poultry, eggs, alcohol, intoxicating drugs.
You are what you eat. It’s a pretty simple equation. Choose which qualities you would like to have more of in your life and eat foods from that category. This choice of diet is a fundamental tool in leading a meditative and energetic life.
For those free to live a quiet, contemplative life, a sattvic diet is perfect. For those who wish to maintain a meditative mind but also must live and work in the world, a diet consisting of sattvic and some rajasic foods is best. For those who practice demanding disciplines, like Kundalini Yoga or marital arts, rajasic foods are necessary, along with sattvic foods. For all these lifestyles, tamasic food is best avoided.
- Pranayama Series For Clarity And Balance - June 27, 2017
- Meditation For The Arc Line - June 25, 2017
- Kriya For The Heart Chakra - June 22, 2017
- Your Personal Life Lessons - November 11, 2016
- Being A Mother To Humanity - November 9, 2016
- Healing Your Family - November 6, 2016
- The Rights of A Reading - November 4, 2016
- Do you have what it takes to Home school? - November 4, 2016
- Matcha Green Tea Smoothie - July 30, 2016
- Kriya for Disease Resistence - November 6, 2015