Talking To Strangers With Awareness!
I’m sure we’ve all heard and used that old saying, “Don’t talk to strangers.” We say and use these things without even questioning what they really mean. When we say don’t talk to strangers, what are we really teaching our kids?
A stranger is someone you haven’t met. But life is about relationship and communication. How can we communicate and be in relationship if every person we don’t know is a STRANGer? We must learn to communicate and make new friends in life. You can be open to communicating in a healthy and conscious way, and this is what we must teach out kids.
We never tell our kids, “Don’t talk to strangers.” We don’t want that echoing in their hearts, throughout their lives. Instead we keep a good watch. We teach them to communicate with awareness. This isn’t always easy when they are young because children are totally open to everyone. But as parents, that is where we must step in and be a watchful teacher. Sometimes I see parents not paying attention to their kids at the park. They are sitting back talking, relaxing, not watching their kids. Bad idea! Not only can kids disappear in seconds but, you never know who is at the park. I would love to say, “We can trust everyone.” But of course that is not true. We always have both eyes on our kids, and if they want us to we play with them. This is the best way to teach our children how to be aware of the people around them.
- Pranayama Series For Clarity And Balance - June 27, 2017
- Meditation For The Arc Line - June 25, 2017
- Kriya For The Heart Chakra - June 22, 2017
- Your Personal Life Lessons - November 11, 2016
- Being A Mother To Humanity - November 9, 2016
- Healing Your Family - November 6, 2016
- The Rights of A Reading - November 4, 2016
- Do you have what it takes to Home school? - November 4, 2016
- Matcha Green Tea Smoothie - July 30, 2016
- Kriya for Disease Resistence - November 6, 2015