Peach Ice Tea
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 ripe peaches, thinly sliced + more for serving
- 3-4 black tea bags, depending on how strong you prefer it
- 8 cups filtered water
- Bring sugar, water and peaches to a boil in a small saucepan. Then lower heat and use a wooden spoon to stir and crush the peaches to infuse the flavor.
- Once the sugar is dissolved, cover, remove from heat and let steep for for 25-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, brew your tea using either a large pot or a tea maker. NOTE: Use less tea if you prefer it weaker, or more tea if you prefer it stronger, and try not to let it steep longer than 4-5 minutes or it can get bitter.
- Once brewed, remove tea bags and transfer to a pitcher. Refrigerate to cool.
- Once your simple syrup is finished, pour into a bottle or container over a fine mesh strainer to strain out peaches. You can reserve the peaches for later use, such as to place over oats or ice cream sundaes.
- To serve, either set out simple syrup and add as much to the tea as you like, or add all of the simple syrup to the tea and stir. I prefer leaving it separate. Serve tea over ice and fresh sliced peaches. Yields about 10 servings (with ice and peaches).