Dancing To Connect To Your Creator
When I was a teenager I was very much into the Rave scene. I’d stay out all night and dance my butt off. My brother always told me I had a gift for dancing and I’d spend my night dancing and battling fellow dancers, surrounded by a circle of people. Since I gave up my raving days and tried every way to distance myself from that time in my life, I hadn’t done much dancing at all.
Looking back I let go of dancing because I linked so many unsavory things to this form of dancing.
About two years ago I saw a woman Fire Poi dancing. This form of dance struck me as the most powerful dancing I’d ever scene and I instantly felt drawn to it. To me this dancing is very tribal and almost like a ritual of some sort. I felt drawn to learn this dancing but never took the time to learn. Now here in Southern California there are many tribal dancers and fire dancers. I’ve met some of these dancers and they hold such passion for dancing and in some way feel even more connected to themselves and their creator when they dance.
Now I’m back to dancing, as an adult grown woman. Dancing has nothing to do with drugs and all to do with connecting to myself and my creator. When I dance I feel inspired and the tribal dancing feels grounding and helps oneself to be even more radiant.
I think sometimes we let go of passions because they are connected to things we aren’t happy about in our lives. But after healing has taken place, each of us can pick up our passions again and this time recreate them. Just as I have done with dancing, so look within yourself… what do you love, what do you excel at? Are you using those gifts? If not, then this is your chance to use your gifts and create new meanings.
Blessings to each of you.
- Pranayama Series For Clarity And Balance - June 27, 2017
- Meditation For The Arc Line - June 25, 2017
- Kriya For The Heart Chakra - June 22, 2017
- Your Personal Life Lessons - November 11, 2016
- Being A Mother To Humanity - November 9, 2016
- Healing Your Family - November 6, 2016
- The Rights of A Reading - November 4, 2016
- Do you have what it takes to Home school? - November 4, 2016
- Matcha Green Tea Smoothie - July 30, 2016
- Kriya for Disease Resistence - November 6, 2015